Powered By Blogger

Thursday 24 March 2011

Evaluation Question 4

How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?


For my production of the film trailer i used vast amounts of media technologies, firstly i used a camcorder to record the trailer itself as shown in the hardware used section it describes the camcorder used. Secondly i used Coral Video Studio which is the film editing software which we used to bring the trailer itself together this was a very useful technology for me.


For the other to peices i used a digital camera which is also described in the hardware used post and i used adobe photoshop for both magazine cover and poster which was very helpful in the creation of both peices.


I have collated a number of images of all the peices of software that i have used in the process of creating my media peices. I have included in this the two peices i used to create the tasks photoshop and coral video studio, but i also included all the peices of software that helped me through this process such as youtube google soundcloud and adobe indesign.



Continually throughout my production i have used different media technologies to support my work so that i could make it the best standard possible. The use of computers and the software is easy to use and allows work to be much easier and more professional.


For my reaserch i would be constantly on youtube looking at trailers and also on google going through film posters and magazine covers picking out the conventions looking at what works well and what i felt i could integrate into my peice. The use of google and youtube were very helpful for me as it was easy to find what i wanted to look at and therefore i could find it instantly and then write down my notes on what would be going in to my peices.


For the construction programmes such as photoshop, coral and indesign were integral to the creation of my film and the ancillary texts. Coral was the programme i used to make my film trailer, however it is not the easiest peice of software to get used to as we had only a limited amount of practise with the software however i looked at videos of the programme and worked out the best ways of editing and how to create titles. This was key for me getting to grips with the programme and making a successful teaser trailer. I then used photoshop to put my magazine cover and poster together. Following all my reaserch i had drawn sketches of what i wanted the two peices to look like and made sure i knew exactly what i needed to do with the software. As i had used photoshop previous i had a good idea of what i was doing so that had little relevance. I worked with indesign for text peices so that they are all the correct sizes and have the same font etc. As with photoshop it is not the best for text peices better for making the images look lifelike therefore with the use of indesign i felt more confidence about the texts and it made me feel more happy about the peices i had created.


For my planning i used technologies such as cameras and computers with the internet so that i could take pictures of peices which i felt would go well with my theme and look at similar peices online so i knew what mine would look like and wether the genre i had chosen was easy to depict. As a result i found it very useful and my planning was a success as i had a good idea of what i wanted to do and knew that the horror genre would be the way for me to go as i could depict it very easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers