Powered By Blogger

Friday 11 February 2011

Storyboard Review

Storyboard review

On Thursday 23rd October I designed my teaser trailer, I brainstormed what I wanted my film to be like and then designed a rough trailer which and then I read through and thought of possible options I could use to make it better. I then created a flow chart which involved what clips came where and where the captions were situated. Following this I discussed it with my media teacher and then created a story board using all the idea I had created and put them into place using some but also changing some so that it would make the trailer better for it. I plotted my ideas into a storyboard template like the one shown below so that i had a hard copy and when it comes to filming i will be able to refer back to it and ideas will come back to me. I would simply draw a small icon which would enable me to remember what i wanted to film and where in the film they would slot in, it also enabled me to plan times so that i had a rough idea of how long each shot will be (obviously i would change this if it was not right when i start to edit.)
Firstly I had ideas of wanting it to involve a hotel and a man having flashbacks from a previous life this would be filmed in black and white to show that it is what happened in the past. This would involve the man wandering round an abandoned hotel and looking as though he had seen it all before as things become weird we see him bemused holding his face. I thought this would be adequate as it shows that he has seen it all before and that the film was becoming a bit weird. We have two captions in between these clips to break them up to add to the anxiety and to prolong the viewer seeing what happens. We see him back in colour so that the audience realises it is real life and it provides that weirdness as the audience has an idea of what is happening but doesn’t realise why. I added another caption so that the audience could digest what they had seen, then we get a flash of the knifeman for the first time (this is a ½ second clip) this then gives the audience an idea of what could happen. We go back to real life and see the man wandering around the hotel from his previous life and down into the cellar. The clip shows him walking off into the dark as if he is walking into the unknown. We then have another flash of the knifeman but closer to the camera to emphasise the size of the knife. As this clip ends we hear a large bang and the clip is of the door slamming shut. Following this we have the final shot of the knife mans eyes staring into the camera this leaves the audience with an idea of what is going to happen but also it leaves them hanging not knowing what could possibly happen.
When I had done this I felt good in myself knowing that I had created something which could be very good should I film it correctly. This made me feel confident about the filming and the next stage would be to think about how I am going to film it and the location of the filming. I then had to identify a person to play the knifeman and a person to play the man having flashbacks.
From today I have encountered a few possible issues that could occur when looking to film but I have also discovered many things that I feel if I can pull them off the trailer will be a great success. I am very much looking forward to filming the trailer as it is a very exciting storyline and if I am able to pull it off will be a huge success.
The difficulties that could occur would be:
·         Firstly the image of the man with the knife whether or not to film it as a still and then adjust the image so that I don’t have to move the camera about and risk losing a good shot.
·         Secondly when filming the man with the knife the lighting will be key as I want the man to be in half darkness half light and make the knife the focal point at the same time. This would mean that I may have to think about using a head torch to get the right affect as this only shines light onto image that the camera is looking at.
The successes would be:
·         The idea of the man walking down the stairs into the darkness as if he is walking into the unknown.
·         Another plus point is the idea of the man with the knife flashing in and out to give a dramatic effect and then the still of his eyes at the end as a finishing shot, which would be a good teaser for the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers