Powered By Blogger

Thursday 10 February 2011

Video Editing

Video Editing

Initially the class had little idea how to use corel video studio the editing software we had provided to us therefore i took it upon myself to play around until i could use it and then be ahead of the class when we came to learn as a whole. So i went on yourutbe and watched tutorials they had provided like the one in the video below so that i was a step ahead of the rest of my class and for me own knowledge so i could use the software to my advantage.

We first learnt how to transfer small clips from our documents to the Corel video studio. Following this we enhanced our understanding of how to cut the videos so that they are able to link in to the following clip. We then collected a large amount of small clips and put them together so that a small video was amalgamated. Movie film is taken at 24ths of a second. The key to this session was learning how to match different clips so that it runs as one clip whereas it is really many different clips adjacent to one another.
After we had made our videos we then learnt how to incorporate sound to the clip and mute the background sound so it matched our needs. We also managed add captions to the images so that we are able to show what the film is and release dates etc. I was able to slow down the soundtrack so that it complemented what was being shown on the screen therefore matching what was happening.
First Video Session Reflection
When I first carried out my videoing I identified that it would be easier to video in segments so that I could add it to the editing reel in pieces so that each piece of editing was perfect rather than doing it in full and have it rougher than it could be.
My first session involved filming two cuts of the trailer and this involved using an actor to walk down an abandoned hotel corridor as if he had lived in the hotel in a previous life, looking around in amazement because he knew this place but knew that he had never been there before. I chose one of my fellow media students to be my actor. His previous acting career was not vast in experience however he has a good acting ability and therefore I identified him as the perfect character for my film as he knew how to act and make it look realistic which is my main aim with this trailer. We used a hotel corridor which had been abandoned and was now not in use as a hotel. This added to the horror in the film as in an abandoned hotel what happens can be very unpredictable and therefore adding to the tension.
This piece of filming did not take long to film however I needed to get the acting right so that it didn’t look fake making it look realistic and acceptable in the terms of a horror film context. If I was able to achieve this it would evidently resemble a horror film rather than looking like an A2 media production. I identified by looking at previous A2 productions that the biggest error was that they left errors in which totally effected the overall end trailer as they were either too basic or there were just minor errors.
Therefore my first piece of filming was a success as it took little time to film, initially I had a setback as the file would not open on the computer however I realised I had filmed it using the wrong setting and it was just a matter of filming the small segment again. I was right to film it in parts rather than one large chunk in the long run

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers